January 23, 2014

Untappd

If you like to experiment and try new beers, like I do, then you definitely need a way to track what you liked and didn't like for future reference.  For me, there is no better way to do that then by using Untappd!

Untappd can be used a few different ways.  You can use the free mobile app for smartphones or go directly to the website.  Either way you get the same experience and it's all free.  You do need to create a login.  It is a type of social network but it is what you make it.  If you don't want to be social about it and 'friend' people then don't.  If you do, it can be fun to see what your friends like to drink and follow other breweries.  Another fun aspect about it is earning badges.

Untappd can be used to:
  • Discover the most popular local bars and beer wherever you go.
  • Share your beer reviews and photos with your friends
  • Personalized beer suggestions help you find your favorite brew.
Personally, what I like about it is how it's a way to keep track of what I've had to drink.  Not in an 'I'm an alcoholic type of way' but in a 'Hey, what was that beer I got in Ohio that I liked to much' type of way.  I usually only check in when I'm drinking a new beer so I can track it and review it.  

Untappd is also very home brewer friendly.  I've been able to add our little home brew company to Untappd so even when we, or our friends, have some of our home brew we can add it on there as well.

If you are interested in following me on Untappd and seeing what I like to drink you can find me at: KellyMiller

Beer Lovers Unite!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Too busy 'tasting' to be social.'

No comments:

Post a Comment